ABOUT YOU | Clients with Injuries
Have you experienced an injury at work or in a motor vehicle accident and struggling to cope with your job and everyday life?
A workplace rehabilitation provider can help you with your return to work. These are health professionals like occupational therapists, physiotherapists, rehabilitation counsellors and psychologists.
They will help by:
- assessing your capacity for work and the activities you can currently perform
- assessing available suitable work options
- advising about modifications to your work environment or work practices to reduce work demands, for example providing equipment to make your job easier
- working with you, your employer and your doctor to design a plan to help you recover at work
- advising about work options if you are unable to recover at work with your pre-injury employer
There are a number of people you may come in contact with during your recovery. Each has a role in the workers compensation process and together they form a support team to help you to recover at work.
The sooner YOU, your employer, your doctor and the insurer start planning your recovery at work, the greater your chances are of a successful outcome.